Designed particularly for sports shooting up to 50 meters, the CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW pistol is a semi automatic handgun equipped with locked breech. It is provided with double action trigger mechanism (SA/DA), hammer safety notch and an ambidextrous manual safety.
Use only factory-manufactured ammunition of appropriate caliber, which are in compliance with CIP regulations or SAAMI. The use of other cartridges could damage the firearm or cause injury to the shooter.
Engaging the Safety
Push the safety up to the Safety-On position (Fig. 5) until the red warning dot is covered. The safety in this position blocks the trigger mechanism and slide, thus preventing the pulling of the trigger and operating the slide.
Since the trigger mechanism has been specifically adjusted, it is possible to move the safety onto the "SAFE" position even if the hammer is placed on the safety notch or leaned against the slide.
In this case, however, it is not recommended to engage the safety because the trigger mechanism might be damaged when cocking the hammer by force.
Besides the method previously described it is possible to put the pistol into a safety mode and still be ready to fire immediately:
Load the pistol. Grasp the grip, POINT IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
With a thumb press on the grooved area (thumb piece) of the hammer, pull the trigger and release the hammer slowly forward (Fig. 6) until it rests on the action or safety notch of the hammer. Release the trigger.
Practice this operation very carefully to avoid an accidental discharge! We strongly recommend to practice this operation beforehand with the pistol unloaded!
Stripping for Cleaning - Disassembly (POINT YOUR PISTOL IN A SAFE DIRECTION!)
1. Remove the magazine. The pistol must not be disassembled with the magazine inserted!
2. Put the safety to the "OFF" position, in order to release the movement of the slide.
3. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO CARTRIDGE IN THE CHAMBER!
4. Retract the hammer slightly back and then release it, until it stops on the half-cock (safety) notch position. In this state the handling which follows will be easier.
5. Put your left thumb through the trigger guard and with the other hand grasp the forward part of the slide firmly (Fig. 7). Push the slide slightly back until the two vertical lines on the rear part of the frame and slide are in line with each other.
6. KEEPING THE LINES ALIGNED push (tap) the slide stop from the right hand side of the weapon, e.g. using the magazine base (Fig. 8). Remove the slide stop from the left.
7. Pull the slide and the barrel forward off the frame.
8. Remove the recoil spring and guide and finally the barrel.
If your pistol is properly used and maintained, malfunctions will rarely occur. However, if such a situation does occur, please observe the following instructions.
If you are not able to clear the malfunction in the manner described below, entrust the pistol to a competent gunsmith for inspection and repair.