- The P320 is a mechanically locked, short recoil operated, striker-fired pistol with semi-automatic reloading.
- The P320 can be chambered in 9×19mm Parabellum, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and 10mm Auto
- The SIG P320 is offered with an optional ambidextrous manual safety.
- The manual safety mechanically blocks the movement of the sear preventing release of the striker.
- To engage the manual safety, rotate the safety lever upward with the thumb of the firing hand. The manual safety is ambidextrous. Pressing up on the lever from either side will rotate the opposite lever upward, engaging the manual safety. The slide can still be manipulated with the manual safety engaged.
(If your P320 is fitted with a Tamper Resistant Takedown Lever, removing the grip module is not authorized. You must evacuate the pistol to the next authorized level of maintenance to have this performed. )
- Remove the slide but not the recoil spring and recoil spring guide (see section 8.1 “Pistol Disassembly”).
- Remove the takedown lever (turn and pull simultaneously).
- Push the frame assembly forward.
- Pull up on the frame rails and remove to rotate the frame assembly out from the grip module.
- Insert the frame assembly locking tab into the mating slot inside the rear of the grip module.
- Press down on the frame rails, rotating the frame assembly into position.
- Insert the takedown lever (turn and push simultaneously) through the corresponding hole on the left side of the grip module/frame assembly, locking the frame assembly in place.