- The PMR-30 pistol is designed and chambered for the .22WMR cartridge
- The PMR-30 pistol functions best with high power ammo, often with bullet weights of 40 grain and up. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- CCI Maxi Mag 40gr
- Winchester Super-X 40gr
- The grip assembly, magazine, and slide cover, are made of an impact-resistant, glass reinforced Nylon.
- The rear portion of the grip houses an aluminum receiver (sometimes
called frame) which houses the firing mechanism, guides the slide, supports the magazine, ties the grip halves together, and has the serial number engraved into it, which is visible from the rear of the pistol.
- The firing mechanism is hammer fired and of conventional single action type.
- There is an ambidextrous safety lever on both sides located at the rear of the grip. Down is FIRE mode and red coloring should be visible, up is SAFE mode and the lever should fully cover any red coloring. The Safety disconnects the trigger mechanism and fully blocks the sear so the hammer cannot drop. The sear is also balanced so it cannot be activated by dropping the pistol.
- The magazine is a unique double-stack double-feed style polymer magazine.
- The magazine body and follower are impregnated with molybdenum disulfide dry lubricant for enhanced reliability.
- The magazine release is on the heel of the grip (bottom rear) and must
be pressed in to be able to remove the magazine.
- The PMR-30 will automatically lock back the slide when the magazine is emptied during normal firing.
- There is also a manual slide lock lever accessible on the left side of the pistol, just in front of the safety lever. This is not meant as a slide release.
- The slide, barrel, and barrel block are made of hardened steel.
- The rear of the slide is covered with an injection molded nylon cover that also houses the rear fiber-optic sights.
- Dual extractors and the firing-pin are housed under the slide cover. The front sight is also fiber-optic and housed in aluminum, which is dovetailed into the steel slide and is drift adjustable for windage.
- The recoil springs and steel guide rod are captive and hold the polyurethane buffer in place.
- A steel cross-pin holds the upper assembly which includes the
slide, barrel, barrel block, recoil springs and buffer to the grip assembly.