- The SUB-2000™ is a semi-automatic rifle chambered for the 9mm Luger or the .40 cal.
- Different versions of the SUB-2000™ rifle will accept most double column
handgun magazines, e.g. S&W, Glock or Beretta
- The SUB-2000™ is appropriately classified as a "sub-rifle" because of its small size, light
weight, and the use of a pistol cartridge.
- The SUB-2000™ rifle is intended as a compliment to the handgun with which it would have full interchangeability in ammunition and magazines.
- The barrel has a spring loaded collar to ensure an accurate lock to the grip, a polymer forend and a fully adjustable front sight.
- Two integrated Picatinny rails come standard on the SUB-2000™ forend for mounting compatible accessories.
- The forend also includes five mounting slots per side, configured for various M-LOK™ accessories.
- Always ensure accessories are compatible with this weapon, are secured to the weapon properly and do not cause any interference with the weapon or its function.
- The grip is made of an impact modified glass reinforced Zytel.
- The tubular steel receiver contains the bolt assembly and is ended by the polymer stock.
- The stock can be adjusted to three different positions for shooter's comfort
- Each position adds approximately 5/8 of an inch to the overall length of the weapon, with a total extension of 1.25 inches in the further rearward position.
- The stock includes a single point sling loop attachment, a slot for adding a nylon sling loop (1.25" wide is ideal), and a Picatinny rail on the bottom for adding small accessories
- The firing mechanism is a conventional single action type.
- The SUB-2000™ features a push-bolt safety located behind the trigger on the grip assembly. The hammer must be cocked for the safety to engage.
- When the safety is engaged, the push-bolt safety blocks the sear from releasing and disengages the trigger bar.
- For right-handed users, the safety is generally pressed with the right thumb until a noticeable “click” is heard and the red o-ring is visible on the safety, as seen in the following examples.
Browse KEL-TEC SUB-2000 Upgrades and Accessories